Thankfully, an elite member of MIUI forum called magdag has managed to develop a Windows-based tool with wide range of abilities. With this tool you can root, install TWRP, install stock recovery, backup and restore EFS, unlock bootloader, and do automatic update on Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon (RN3SD). Again, this tool is for the Qualcomm Snapdragon variant and is not for the MediaTek one.
- Install USB ADB Drivers properly on your computer.
- Root RN3SD via ADB Sideload method.
- One-click EFS – IMEI/Baseband – Backup (EFS Tool included).
- Restore EFS into device.
- Custom Boot image (boot.img) file.
- Flash Stock Recovery via both ADB and Fastboot.
- Flash TWRP Custom Recovery via both ADB and Fastboot.
- Bootloader status checker.
- Unlock and relock bootloader via Mi Flash Unlock tool.
- Automatic Update : The tool will check if new update becomes available and the tool will download and install it.
- Reboot Redmi Note 3 into Fastboot mode
- Reboot Redmi Note 3 into Recovery mode
Mirror download link for Redmi Note 3 Toolkit (Skip that ad sorry for inconvenience) :
File name :
Version 4.0| 46 MB