HMD Global just announced Nokia 6, the first Nokia smartphone after it was granted exclusive global license to sell Nokia phones. It packs a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 processor and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat). It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), 1.0um sensor, dual-tone LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.[wp_ad_camp_3]
It has dual speakers, one on the top and other on the bottom, smart dual amplifier chips (TFA9891) offering 6dB louder sound and Dolby Atmos. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the home button and aluminum alloy unibody design. It has dual SIM support as well as a microSD expansion slot, so it could be a hybrid dual SIM.
Nokia 6 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.0um sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.12um sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 84˚ wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual speakers, Dual smart amplifiers (TFA9891), Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 154 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
- 3000mAh built-in battery
The Nokia 6 comes in Black color, is priced at 1699 yuan (US$ 245 / Rs. 16,740 approx.) and will be available exclusively from JD.com in the first half of 2017 in China and is also exclusive to China.