Apple has announced a price cut on their USB Type-C adapters and Thunderbolt 3 peripherals in response to the objection to its new MacBook Pro pricing.
If the information circulating around the Internet turns out to be true, then the official USB Type-C price slashed up to half, while the third party USB Type-C and Thunderbolt 3 pricing have been reduced by 25% and SanDisk’s USB-C SD card reader by 40%.[wp_ad_camp_3]
Revised pricing for Apple Adapters:
- USB-C to USB Adapter from $19 (approx Rs. 1,269) to $9 (approx. Rs. 600)`
- Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter from $49 (approx Rs. 3,272) to $29 (approx. Rs. 1,940)
- USB-C to Lightning Cable (1m) from $25 (approx. Rs. 1,670) to $19 (approx Rs. 1,269)
- USB-C to Lightning Cable (2m) from $35 (approx. Rs. 2,337) to $29 (approx. Rs. 1,940)
- USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter from $69 (approx. Rs. 4,600) to $49 (approx Rs. 3,272)
- USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter from $69 (approx. Rs. 4,600) to $49 (approx Rs. 3,272)
The discounts last till the end of the year and if you are planning to buy a Macbook Pro, don’t miss this chance. In case, if you’ve already bought anything related to Macbook Pro, we recommend you to visit the nearby Apple Store to sort it out.
Apple spokesperson, in an official statement, said:
We are extremely excited about the new MacBook Pro, which is the best pro notebook we’ve ever made. It has the fastest CPU, graphics, memory, storage and I/O, best display, the innovative Touch Bar and more. MacBook Pro uses the most advanced industry-standard connector, USB-C with Thunderbolt 3, to provide maximum performance, expandability, and compatibility.
We recognize that many users, especially pros, rely on legacy connectors to get work done today and they face a transition. We want to help them move to the latest technology and peripherals, as well as accelerate the growth of this new ecosystem. Through the end of the year, we are reducing prices on all USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 peripherals we sell, as well as the prices on Apple’s USB-C adapters and cables.