Apple announced a major update for its professional video editing app, Final Cut ProX which now comes with new editing features for the Magnetic Timeline, support for the Touch Bar and a redesigned UI with full support for wide colour workflows.
Additional Features in Final Cut Pro 10.3:
- Flow transition creates invisibly smooth jump cuts;
- Remove Attributes allows users to easily delete or reuse select effects across multiple clips;
- Timecode overlay effect and generator allow users to edit with a large view of source timecode;
- Support for ProRes MXF, Panasonic V-Log and export of AVC-Intra;
- Direct video output via Thunderbolt 3 enables high-quality video monitoring on an external display with a single cable.
Apple also released updates to Motion and Compressor. Motion 5.3 features a sleek new interface with support for wide colour workflows and 3D text enhancements that improve the performance and realism of 3D titles. Compressor 4.3 has a new dark look, support for wide colour.
Susan Prescott, Apple’s vice president of Apps Product Marketing said
This is our biggest update to Final Cut Pro X since we completely redesigned it five years ago,” said . The new version features a sleek interface and adds powerful new editing features that go far beyond what’s possible with traditional, track-based video editing apps; and integration with the revolutionary Touch Bar gives professional video editors a whole new way to interact with Final Cut Pro X.
Final Cut Pro 10.3 is available as a free update today for existing users, and for INR 18,500 (277 US $) for new users on the Mac App Store. Motion 5.3 and Compressor 4.3 are also available as a free update today for existing users and for INR 3,100 (47 US $) each for new users on the Mac App Store.