aLl cReDitS gOeS to FaserF (xda) fOr tHiS gReAt pOsT
Update 2 for Android M came out with a new Launcher.
The Launcher from the inital release of Android M Preview works fine, the one from Update 2 has bugs and on many devices Google App will constantly crash! Flash on your own risk!
I am proud to present to you the new Android M Launcher,Camera, Wallpaper, Bootanimation, Ringtones and more, extracted from the M Developer Preview.
I also recognized that the Android M Launcher runs smoother than the Android L one on my old S3 and S6 and first Google Now Launcher which doesnt lag on my S3. So it is definetelly worth to give it a try!
– Android M Launcher/Velvet
– Android M Camera -> Link removed, you find the App now in the Play Store!
– Android M Clock (can bring bugs!) -> Link removed, you find the App now in the Play Store!
– Android M Play Services [use on your own risks! This can bring bugs and more!] – Android M Wallpaper (download at Screenshots!)
– Android M Bootanimation (it is very similar to the Lollipop one, maybe the same!)
– Android M Ringtones (Note: Nearly ever tone is the same as in Lollipop!)
– All Stock Nexus Android M Apps in one package (I wouldnt recommend to install all these apks, they are for tests, not more!)
All in One-flashable:
All in One will install all new Apps, Bootanimation and Ringtone while flashing once.
It will install: Velvet+libs; Camera+libs; Android M Clock; Bootanimation; Ringtones
How to install…
– Download my Google Now App (Velvet) below
– Download Google Now Launcher from Play Store…new Google Camera with lib files:
Download Google-Camera.apk and Google-Camera-lib-files.zip. Install the app and then put the lib files to the DeskClock folder in /system/app
Just download the App now from the Play Store!… Google Play Services
This will only work on Android 5.0 and above, also it won’t work on 64bit systems and it is recommended only to install if you have a 480 dpi device!
Just install the apk on your device.…new Android For Work App
Download Android-For-Work.zip, put the whole AndroidForWork folder in: /system/app and give the correct permissionsremoved, doesnt work
… Android M Ringtones (note nearly all are the same as in Lollipop!)
Way 1: Download: Bootanimation-flashable.zip and flash it
Way 2: Download my Ringtone.zip and copy the files to system/media/audio to the correct folder
… all other Android M apps
Download Full-Android-M-App-Package.zip and place every app you like in the correct folder
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OedmJo2RS5c]Video Review (thanks to: @polarworks )
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrfWnvTA3uU]More Videos about this thread:
– I have tested the App so far successfully on Android 5.0.2 (TouchWiz) and 5.1.1 AOSP
– ApkMirror has the Apps now also, after I made this post
– WARNING: As this is taken from Android M it still can have risks! Keep this in mind! It was originally made for Android M, not L. I am not responsible for bricked devices, or other things! YOU have decided to make these modifications!
– AOSP based Roms (CyanogenMod, Omni, etc) will have less bugs than Sense (HTC), TouchWiz, etc
– HDR+ will make the Camera App force close
– “Ok, Google” doesn’t work
– Android for Work won’t install, you have to put the apk and files in System folder
– new Android M Clock will force close on some devices!
Credit and Contribution: